We are seeking a Board Member with commercial/corporate law experience. Board members with sector-specific experience can be individuals from the frontline to senior management. We are looking for someone with deep knowledge of gender-based violence issues and how a charity functions. WomanACT will have positions open for members of the Community-at-large and representatives of WomanACT’s General Membership.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
- Assist Board members in providing guidance related to corporate law.
- Support the promotion of appropriate corporate and governance practices and regulations.
- Support WomanACT to stay in compliance with the various regulatory regimes that apply to charitable and social profit organizations.
- Assist senior-level staff in reviewing contracts, including gifting agreements and fundraising.
- Provide strategic support to meet WomanACT commercial needs as a social profit and charitable organization.
- License as a lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- 3 to 6 years of corporate/commercial law experience.
- Managerial experience an asset.
- Non-profit, social services sector knowledge is an asset.
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills.
We are committed to having a Board membership that reflects our community and consists of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We encourage applications from people of all races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations.
BOARD OF DIRECTOR’S ROLES
The role of the WomanACT Board of Directors is to ensure the organization continues to meet its mission, vision, values, and contractual liabilities. Board members are the fiduciaries who steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, legal, governance, and financial management policies and making sure WomanACT has adequate resources to advance its mission.
The Board of Directors’ governing roles includes:
- Review and update WomanACT’s strategic direction and priorities.
- Ensure adequate financial resources are generated and allocated so that WomanACT can accomplish its mission.
- Support and actively participate in WomanACT’s fundraising initiatives.
- Evaluate the performance of the Executive Director.
If you are interested in becoming a WomanACT Board member, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter below on or before October 17th, 2022. Alternatively, you can email it to the attentions of WomanACT Nominating Committee at email@example.com
Applicants will be invited to a virtual Orientation Session scheduled to take place on
Thursday, October 20th, 2022 at 6:00 pm
A short list of candidates will be interviewed during business hours on one of the following three days:
November 3rd, 7th, and 9th 2022
Board Member – Gender-based Violence Program or Research Experience
We are seeking a Board Member with gender-based violence program or research experience. Board members with sector-specific experience can be individuals from the frontline to senior management. We are looking […]
Board Member – Financial Management Experience
We are seeking a Board Member with financial management experience. Board members with sector-specific experience can be individuals from the frontline to senior management. We are looking for someone with […]
Board Member – Growth Strategy, Business Models and Communications Experience
We are seeking a Board Member with growth strategy, business models and communications experience. Board members with sector-specific experience can be individuals from the frontline to senior management. We are […]